Tooth extractions in Royal Oak are sometimes necessary to keep your smile healthy or as a pretreatment to dentures, partials, or orthodontics.
If we pull a tooth due to deep decay or trauma, we can replace it with a partial denture, dental bridge, or a dental implant.
In any case, if you need an extraction, we are with you at every step.
Good care of the extraction site will help it heal faster and minimize the possibility of complications. Follow these tips for a better experience:
- Plan to take a day off to relax and heal.
- Eat soft, cool foods such as yogurt, pudding, smoothies, shakes, ice cream, and soups that have been allowed to cool to room temperature.
- Don't drink through a straw since this can dislodge the necessary clot that is forming.
- Don't smoke as it can slow down healing and more.
- Don't poke at the extraction site with your tongue.
We'll provide you with additional suggestions at your appointment.
Do You Need a Gentle Tooth Extraction in Royal Oak, MI?
We always ensure that the extraction site is fully anesthetized before starting work. And we always use a gentle hand. To learn more about extraction or arrange a consultation, reach out to a helpful team member today.
Patients come to us from many locations, including Royal Oak and the surrounding communities.