We hope this letter finds you and your family in good health. Our community has been through a lot over the last few months, and all of us are looking forward to resuming our normal habits and routines. While many things have changed, one thing has remained the same: our commitment to your safety.
Infection control has always been a top priority for our practice and you may have seen this during your visits to our office. Our infection control processes are made so that when you receive care, it’s both safe and comfortable. We want to tell you about the infection control procedures we follow in our practice to keep patients and staff safe.
Our office follows infection control recommendations made by the American Dental Association (ADA), the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA). We follow the activities of these agencies so that we are up-to-date on any new rulings or guidance that may be issued. We do this to make sure that our infection control procedures are current and adhere to each agencies’ recommendations.
You may see some changes when it is time for your next appointment. We made these changes to help protect our patients and staff. For example:
- Patients will fill out a COVID questionnaire upon arrival.
- No visitors may accompany you to the office unless deemed medically necessary.
- You temperature will be checked using a contact-less device.
- You will be required to wear a face cover when you enter the office and while you're in the waiting area.
- Social distancing of 6 feet will be required when there is more than one person in the waiting area.
- We have hand sanitizer that we will ask you to use when you enter the office. You will also find some in the reception area and other places in the office for you to use as needed.
- You may see that our waiting room will no longer offer magazines, children’s toys and so forth, since those items are difficult to clean and disinfect.
- Plexiglass shields are in the reception area.
- HEPA air purifiers are running at all times throughout the office to maintain clear air.
- Stringent cleaning and disinfectant procedures are carried out between each patient.
- You must inform the office immediately if you develop any symptoms within 2 weeks following your appointment.
We look forward to seeing you again and are happy to answer any questions you may have about the steps we take to keep you, and every patient, safe in our practice. To make an appointment, please call our office at 248-399-8100 or visit our website at www.royaloakfamilydentist.com
Thank you for being our patient. We value your trust and loyalty and look forward to welcoming back our patients, neighbors and friends.
Dr. Suchi Chalasani and team