Conditions Treated with Porcelain Veneers
Porcelain veneers are a common treatment in cosmetic dentistry, and they are used to address a wide array of issues. We have extensive experience working with veneers to treat a variety of cosmetic dental flaws, and our team of dental experts can help you through this process!
Because veneers are thin, your natural teeth surface will show through, and this makes veneers a natural looking option. When veneers are done correctly, it’s very difficult to even see which teeth have been treated at all. Care after your procedure is very simple, and typically only requires your regular oral hygiene habits to stay healthy, although veneers are not as strong as your natural teeth so they are breakable from chewing on particularly hard items.
Can Porcelain Veneers Help You?
Visiting a cosmetic dentist in Royal Oak for porcelain veneers can treat several cosmetic issues. Here are the most common reasons that patients choose this treatment:
- Tooth discoloration: If your teeth are discolored from stains, root canal treatments, old resin fillings, or any other causes, veneers can help you get whiter teeth again. Some stains, depending on the cause, are simply not treatable with professional teeth whitening, and so veneers are the most effective choice.
- Chipped or broken teeth: If you have a tooth that was chipped or broken for any reason, you can add a veneer to protect your mouth and teeth, and also to cover that chipped tooth for aesthetic purposes.
- Gaps in teeth: This treatment can be uses to widen teeth slightly to fill any gaps in your smile. Again this is typically used for simple cosmetic value for a patient.
- Eroded or misshapen teeth: If any of your teeth are eroded, very word down, or simply misshapen, veneers can help you create a more uniform smile.
- Misaligned teeth: Similar to treating a misshapen tooth, if you have an alignment issue, it’s possible to have it corrected aesthetically with this procedure.
While these are the most common reasons patients choose to get veneers, if you aren’t sure if your smile can be improved by this procedure, a consultation with a dentist is the best option to find out the right treatment for your needs.
Cosmetic Dentist Royal Oak
If you have any questions about porcelain veneers, or if you’d like to schedule a consultation with our experienced dentist, contact Family Dentistry of Royal Oak today for more information on getting started!