You've heard about the convenience Invisalign provides, and maybe you've even had friends, family, or co-workers that have benefited from invisible braces. But is it right for you? Are clear braces better than traditional metal brackets and wires?
The answer is complicated and really depends on your specific needs. Invisalign works well for most patients unless they have complex bite misalignment. In that case, brackets and wires may work better. Here's what you should know about Invisalign in Royal Oak.
How Invisalign Works
When you move forward with invisible braces treatment, Dr. Chalasani creates a treatment plan for you that Invisalign uses to fabricate your plastic aligners. You'll wear each set of aligners for one to three weeks and then change to the next set in your series. Wearing your aligners for at least 22 hours per day ensures that your treatment finishes on time. However, your aligners are removable, so you can take them out for brushing, flossing, eating, and the occasional big event.
The Advantages of Invisalign
If Dr. Chalasani determines that Invisalign is right for you, here are some of the benefits you'll enjoy:
- Comfort - Clear aligners are comfortable to wear and don't poke or tear at your gums like metal brackets and wires.
- Ease - Brushing and flossing are a breeze when you can remove your plastic aligners.
- Freedom - You can enjoy the foods you love with no restrictions during treatment with Invisalign.
- Discretion - Clear aligners are virtually invisible, so no one will notice that you're straightening your teeth.
- Efficiency - Depending on their needs, most patients finish treatment with Invisalign in 12 to 18 months.
Contact Family Dentistry of Royal Oak
If you're interested in learning more about invisible braces in Royal Oak, contact Family Dentistry of Royal Oak at (248) 399-8100 and schedule an evaluation with Dr. Chalasani.