Finding a dentist is easy; just Google “Royal Oak dentist.” But when you are looking for a dentist, you want to find the right dentist for you and your whole family. It just makes more sense to choose a dentist who will partner with you and your family for the long-term, to ensure lifelong oral health. You want to make the best decision based on the needs of you and your family when you look at partnering with the right dentist.
In your search, there are a number things you will want to take into account. Let’s go over what you might consider when you are looking for the right Royal Oak dentist.
Ask for Recommendations
Check with your friends and family to find out if they have a dentist they would recommend. You can also post on local social media groups. Reach out to your family doctor as well as your local pharmacist for recommendations.
After talking to friends, family, and others, you probably have a list of potential dentists. Now you need to narrow down your choice. The best way to do that is to ask the following questions:
- Where is the office located? What are the hours it is open? It is usually best to choose an office the provides convenience to ensure that getting to the dentist is not a hassle for you or your family members.
- If you have insurance, find out if that dentist will submit claims to all providers. If you don’t have insurance, find out if that dentist has an in-office plan.
- Does the dentist offer any specials for new patients? This might be especially important if you don’t have insurance and will be paying out-of-pocket.
- Do they offer financing options such as Care Credit or Springstone?
Find Out More
You have the logistics nailed down, but you are still narrowing your choices. Here are some additional questions you might want to ask:
- What kind of technology does the dentist have available?
- What is the office like? Often a quick visit will tell you a lot about the staff and the office itself.
- Are emergency hours available in case of a dental emergency?
- How does the dentist make patients feel comfortable in the dentist chair? This might be especially important if anyone in your family suffers from dental anxiety.
You Can Rely on our Royal Oak, MI Dental Office
Choosing a Royal Oak dentist doesn’t have to be a tough decision. Give us a call if you are looking for the right dentist for you and your family!