Dental implants are the best option for those who have severely damaged or missing teeth. They are designed to fill in the gap and keep your healthy teeth from becoming cooked, crowding, or falling out while also giving you back the ability to speak normally, eat the foods you want, and smile comfortably. Dr. Chalasani and her team at Family Dentistry of Royal Oak are experienced in dental implants so you can be confident you are getting the best care.
Why Choose Dental Implants
- They look natural. If you have one or more missing teeth and want a solution that will look and feel natural, dental implants are your best option. Implants are inserted into the bone so they do not use other teeth to keep it in place unlike dental bridges which requires adjacent teeth to be filed down in order to hold the bridge in place. They are also made to have the look, shape, and color of the rest of your teeth.
- They stay in place. You won’t need to worry about taking your implant out when you eat, at night, or any time. They will stay put just like any of your teeth so you can chew, smile, and go about your dental hygiene routine the same as you would if it was a natural tooth. It is actually extremely important you continue brushing and flossing to keep the surrounding teeth and gum healthy.
- They protect the bone. When someone looses teeth, the body believes that that part of the jaw no longer needs the bone and will start to pull nutrients away from your jaw to use in other parts of your body. The bone will start to deteriorate and cause your face to sag.
- They last for life. Most dental bridges, even with proper care, only last about seven years, but implants can last a lifetime as long as you maintain good hygiene and go to the dentist for regular adjustments. They also won’t be affected by tooth decay and cavities.
- They protect your mouth. If you have a missing tooth, other teeth can start to loosen or even fall out. Having the sturdiness of an implant will keep your other teeth in place. They can also help reduce the risk of periodontal disease which may lead to diabetes or heart disease.
Have Questions? Call our Royal Oak Office!
Don’t let missing teeth keep you from enjoying the foods you love and showing off your smile. If you live in the Royal Oak, MI area and would like to get more information on dental implants and how they can help you gain your confidence back, or to schedule a consultation, please do not hesitate to contact our office today!