Invisalign in Royal Oak, MI
Invisalign in Royal Oak, MI
Do you have a nice and healthy smile, but feel embarrassed about overcrowded or crooked teeth? You're not alone. Millions of Americans are impacted by less than perfect smiles. However, the desire for a symmetrical smile isn't just about appearance; straight smiles promote oral health and long-term protection of your natural teeth.
Preventive and general dentistry is vital for maintaining a foundation for good oral health, but they won’t change the alignment or symmetry of your smile. Only orthodontic treatment and cosmetic dentistry can change the shape and size of your smile.
We’ve spoken with many patients who are looking for a way to correct their misaligned teeth and improve the appearance and health of their smiles. One thing that most of these people have in common is that they do not want to deal with the hassle of traditional braces!
Your Invisalign dentist in Royal Oak, Dr. Chalasani, is proud to offer this modern alternative to traditional braces to our patients so that they can smile with confidence – even while they are in the middle of their orthodontic treatment!
- What Makes Invisalign Different?
- How Does Straightening Teeth Improve Dental Health?
- What Smile Issues Can Invisalign Fix?
- Pain from Tooth Grinding? Invisalign Can Help
- Is Invisalign the Right Choice for Me?
What Makes Invisalign Different?
Unlike traditional orthodontic treatments that use metal brackets and wires, Invisalign uses clear, plastic aligners to gently and comfortably nudge your teeth into proper alignment. Each aligner is made of smooth, crystal-clear plastic, and when it’s in place over your teeth, most people will never even be able to see or notice them. This makes Invisalign a fantastic option for anyone who regularly meets with clients or speaks in front of people and needs to maintain a mature and professional appearance.
Invisalign has several other advantages over traditional orthodontics, as well. For instance: You can remove your aligners to eat, so you don’t have to worry about altering your diet to avoid damaging braces. Since your aligners are removable, they allow you to clean them and brush your teeth. This eliminates the hassle of attempting to brush and floss around brackets and wires.
You’ll receive your series of aligners along with instructions as to when they should be switched out. While you’ll need the occasional appointment so that Dr. Chalasani can check on your progress, you’ll spend less time in the dental chair than you would with traditional braces. If you have a special event coming up, you can take your aligners out for longer period. Just make sure to wear the aligners for the recommended amount of time each day to keep your treatment on track.
The requirements for Invisalign are simple and easy to work around, which makes this orthodontic treatment so attractive to many of our Royal Oak, MI patients. We invite everyone to look through our testimonials to read about how Invisalign has changed and dramatically improved the lives of many people.
How Does Straightening Teeth Improve Dental Health?
On the surface, having crooked teeth may appear to be a cosmetic issue. But when your teeth are crowded, widely spaced, or overlapping, good dental hygiene can become more challenging. You may have trouble removing plaque and bacteria with your toothbrush and dental floss, and this can lead to problems like:
- Bad breath—Teeth and gums that cannot be kept flossed and cleaned will store food particles and bacteria that are common culprits to bad breath. Additionally, when gum disease or tooth decay set in, bad breath can be a common sign of these oral health abnormalities.
- Dental caries (cavities)—Uneven teeth can cause enamel erosion and be hard to clean, leaving you vulnerable to cavities.
- Periodontal disease—Straight and even teeth are easier to clean and floss. Crooked or overlapping teeth can be impossible to floss and can put you at risk for gum disease.
- Nutrition and diet—It can be harder to chew your food when your teeth are not aligned and do not bite down properly, which affects your diet and digestion.
- Wear and tear—A misaligned bite puts additional stress on the enamel of your teeth when you bite, speak, or grind your teeth. Additionally, crooked teeth also affect the way your teeth come together. When your bite is off, other issues may develop, such as pain in the jaw and joints, as well as grinding and clenching, which can lead to tooth erosion and fractures.
- Speech issues—The placement of your teeth can affect the quality of your speech and ability to speak concisely and clearly.
- Confidence—Protruding, uneven, and misaligned teeth can affect your self-esteem and even cause you to hide your smile. Don’t let an imperfect smile to disrupt your social interactions.
Using orthodontics to correct the alignment of your teeth can solve several of these issues. If you find that your smile affects you in ways beyond cosmetic appearance, your oral health and general well-being can be at risk. Give us a call at Family Dentistry of Royal Oak near Ferndale, MI to see if you can give yourself the gift of a beautiful, even smile.
What Smile Issues Can Invisalign Fix?
Perfectly aligned teeth don’t just enhance your smile; they function better and support excellent oral health. Crooked teeth are unattractive, but the appearance of your teeth isn’t your biggest problem. The following issues can necessitate orthodontic treatment:
- OverCrowded teeth
- Teeth that have rotated unusually
- Spaces between teeth
If you are considering Invisalign in Royal Oak to treat any of these issues, please give Dr. Chalasani’s dental office a call today to determine what your smile makeover options are.
Straightening a Misaligned Smile in the 48069 Area
At Family Dentistry at Royal Oak, Dr. Suchi Chalasani may recommend Invisalign aligners for patients who have a misaligned smile. Invisalign is a wonderful alternative to traditional metal braces that can straighten your teeth comfortably and invisibly.
The benefits of Invisalign have already been mentioned, and many patients have enjoyed many advantages of invisible aligners. Your dentist in Royal Oak will be able to ascertain if you are a good candidate for Invisalign, which is an excellent orthodontic treatment for mild to moderate misalignment issues. Some bite corrections may require metal braces for moderate to severe bite functions.
Pain from Tooth Grinding? Invisalign Can Help
Patients in Royal Oak, MI, may have a misaligned bite that doesn’t come together properly, making chewing, biting, and speaking difficult. When your jaw does not align or close properly, it can overextend your jaw muscles, lead to wear and tear on your enamel, and can even lead to TMJ issues.
When your Invisalign Royal Oak dentist straightens your teeth and allows them to align correctly—meaning your top and bottom teeth can touch each other—this takes away any pain and stress you may have had. If you are experiencing tooth grinding or jaw pain, you may need orthodontic treatment.
Contact our dental team immediately to schedule a dental appointment, so Dr. Chalasani can determine if you are good candidate for Invisalign treatment.
Is Invisalign the Right Choice for Me?
Invisalign can solve a range of orthodontic issues, but in some cases, a different type of treatment may be needed. Schedule a consultation with Dr. Chalasani so that she can assess your teeth and determine whether Invisalign is a good option. Call our Royal Oak, MI dental office today to schedule your appointment!