As the saying goes, “You never get a second chance to make a first impression,” and this is certainly true about your smile. It is one of the first things people notice about you, so make sure you are giving the impression you want. If you are not happy with your smile, there are a number of cosmetic dental procedures that will give you the smile you wish you had been born with.
Let’s take a look at some of the most common cosmetic procedures you can talk about with your cosmetic dentist in Royal Oak.
Common Cosmetic Procedures
- Teeth Whitening or Bleaching: This cosmetic dentistry procedure is a common one and patients can enjoy immediate results. Tooth stains and discoloration will be eliminated with this procedure, and you can enjoy white teeth for a long time. In-office and at-home whitening systems are available.
- Veneers: Usually made of porcelain, veneers are used for correcting a number of dental problems. Patients who might have tooth discoloration or heavy stains that cannot be totally removed with teeth whitening might opt for porcelain veneers. Teeth that are misaligned can also be corrected with veneers, an option for patients who might now want to deal with the time and hassle of braces to get straight teeth.
- Tooth-Colored Fillings (Composites): Just about everyone has at least one filling, and tooth-colored composite fillings have become the norm when it comes to filling dental cavities. Unlike the dark metallic amalgam fillings that used to be common, composites are the same color as your teeth so they are practically invisible.
- Dental Bonding: For teeth that are crooked or might have been broken because of an injury, dental bonding can be used to fix these issues. The material used for dental bonding is similar to clay and a special light is used to harden the material to give patients a good result.
- Invisalign: Also known as invisible braces, these are a great alternative to traditional metal braces—and not just from an esthetic standpoint. Invisalign braces normally take months rather than the years it often is for metal braces. Now you can have straight teeth in less time—without the hassle and discomfort of metal braces.
Book a Consultation with Our Elk Grove Village Office
Don’t live with a smile you are unhappy with for one more day! Give us a call and find out how cosmetic dentistry can give you a smile you love to show!