It’s fairly common knowledge that two trips the dentist each year for examinations and cleanings are considered the norm. But that is not to say that extra trips to the dentist office might be called for under certain circumstances. Usually, there are warning signs about a dental problem that might warrant that extra appointment. What are some of these warning signs that might indicate that it is time to visit your dentist in Royal Oak?
Possible Signs of Potential Dental Issues
If you are having any of the following issues, it might be time to give your dentist a call to make an appointment:
- If you notice any kind of discoloration, lumps, or other changes in your cheeks, gums, or tongue, and extra call to your dentist is needed.
- If your gums are bleeding or inflamed, this could mean you have gum disease. Gingivitis is gum disease in its early stages; periodontitis is gum disease that has reached a more serious stage. Both need to be treated right away to protect your teeth and your overall oral health.
- If you have bad breath that just doesn’t go away, even after brushing and flossing thoroughly, this might also be a sign of gum disease. Again, give your dentist a call.
- Many people develop occasional canker sores that usually clear up after just a couple of days. If you get one that lingers longer, sure to give your dentist in Royal Oak a call to make an appointment.
- Pain in our mouth is not normal, so if you are experiencing any kind of jaw or tooth pain, see your dentist right away.
- If you are suddenly experiencing sensitivity to hot and cold foods, this could mean there is tooth decay that needs attention.
- If you are experiencing dry mouth for now particular reason, you will want to talk with your dentist to find out what is going on.
Call our Royal Oak MI Dental office
If you’re experiencing any of these warning signs or symptoms, don’t hesitate to schedule a dental appointment. Give us a call, your dentist in Royal Oak.